Sunday, February 8, 2015

White Chocolate Bark Bites

With Valentine's Day coming up I thought I'd make you a little treat that you still have plenty of time to make before V-Day yourself. These little bark bites are so cute and would make great little Valentine's treats for your child to take to school, or for you to distribute at your work. You could put a few in a little baggie, or individually wrap them in cellophane with a bit of ribbon.

Why don't we jump right on in then?
White chocolate melts (can be called melting wafers) I got mine from the bulk section at Winco, I know Ghirardelli also makes them.
M&Ms ( you'll see I have Valentine's m&ms as well as some mini ones)
Sprinkles or colored sugars (I couldn't find pink and white sprinkles so I just used the sugar)
Silicon mold (I used this heart shaped ice cube tray as well as a pacman one shown below)

So, you need to melt your white chocolate. You can either do it in a double boiler or in the microwave. I kinda rigged my own double boiler because my only metal bowl is waxy at the moment.

I put my chocolate in a pyrex measuring cup.

Bring the water in your pot to a boil.

Place the pyrex cup in it.

OR ALTERNATE VERSION:
Microwave it! This was actually easier and quicker.

Again put your chocolate in a glass measuring cup.
Stir and only microwave in stages. So start with like 30 seconds or a minute. Check on it each time and add additional time. Believe me, my second batch I tried to just do the whole 3 minutes in one go, and it burnt my chocolate in the middle and turned it into a clumpy brown mass. So take the time to do it incrementally.

While you are melting your chocolate you can get your forms ready. I used this heart shaped silicone ice cube tray and it worked fabulously. It's funny, but ice cubes is like the one thing I haven't ever used this form for. Hah. I think I got it at Ikea for pretty cheap, you can probably get them all over the place.

Once you're sure your form is completely dry (You don't want your sprinkles, etc to dissolve) you can start adding stuff. I started with some red and white sugar sprinkles because I couldn't find any actual pink, white, and/or red sprinkles at the store.

Next I added some of the Valentine's Day edition chocolate m&ms.

I also made some non-Valentine's Day ones in my husband's Pacman ice cube tray.
There I used blue sugar sprinkles and the mini m&ms.

Once your chocolate is all the way melted make sure you stir it well.

Now you can pour it into your forms. I choose to overfill mine a little and then to scrape the top to even it out, but you could also underfill it and have them be a little shorter.

You will want to tap the form to even it out, but also to give a release in case there are air bubbles in the melted chocolate.

I let it sit for a while and then refrigerated them for about an hour or two. Once they are completely solid you can start popping them out of their mold, and then refill if desired.

If you've overfilled them like I have, you may need to clean up some of the edges.

All in all I thought they turned out pretty cute.

I sent a couple of the pacman ones with my husband to his DnD group.

Man, this is gonna be the easiest quick summary ever!

White Chocolate Bark Bites:

Ingredients needed:
White chocolate Melts (Also called vanilla melts on occasion)
Sprinkles
M&Ms

Melt the chocolate
Put sprinkles into the molds
Put m&ms into the mold
Pour melted chocolate on top
Tap mold to release air bubbles and to even out
(If you have overfilled scrape excess chocolate off)
Chill
Remove from mold and clean edges if desired/needed

No comments:

Post a Comment