Monday, December 29, 2014

November Birchbox

I signed up for Birchbox on November 30th I think. I got a November birchbox when everyone else received their December ones, and now I got the December one on Friday. I figured I'd still write up the November one as the product review can be useful, even after you could get it from birchbox. You could get it elsewhere too, so here goes.
Birchbox items come in a box instead of a bag like ipsy. The boxes are cute and I like them, but I do prefer the bags. I'm weird and like to keep all my stuff from each bag together, separate from other items I have. >_< I'm weird, but at least I know it, and own it!

The first item I tested was:
Elsor - Firming Collagen Day Cream  View here
The cream feels very thick, and left my face feeling and looking a bit greasy. I can't really speak to the firming properties, I don't doubt them though. I will keep using it though since it does feel very luxurious. It better, with a price tag of $85 for the full sized jar. That alone would prevent me from every buying it for myself.

Bain de Terre - Argan Oil & Passion Flower Color Therapy Styling Oil  View here
The oil smelled pretty good. I added it to my damp hair after a shower as suggested. It did make my hair feel sleek and manageable, however it did also make it look greasy and stringy once dried. That may not be the product's fault though. My hair has been much more prone to looking oily since I cut it short. They also suggest adding it to hair dye, I may just have to test that out. Or I'll use it later on when my hair is a bit longer.
$14 isn't too bad for a full sized hair oil. While I do recommend this, I am also a bit cheap and like products I can use for different purposes. I've used warmed up coconut oil with fresh sprigs of rosemary in it for my hair when it was long, and that stuff was awesome. Honestly though, this is not much more than getting coconut oil and it smells great. It couldn't hurt to try it if you have dry or color damaged hair.

Joie - Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum View here
Here's the little vial:
This perfume smells really great. It's very floral and sweet. I do like it a lot and will continue using it. I still like my favorite perfume, A Touch of Pink by Lacoste, better, but this does come in pretty close. However the $98 price tag is a deterrent for me. If I had a bunch of cash to blow I'd probably get a full sized one of this though.

theBalm cosmetics - Cindy-Lou Manizer View here
The packaging is really cute, and caught my eye immediately.
I enjoyed working with it and it went on pretty well. I used it as a highlighter. I applied some right under my eyebrows, on my cheek bones, and my T-zone.
Here are the results:

Not Soap, Radio - Joy Inducing Body Wash View here
I used this in my bubble bath on Friday and it was fabulous. The scent reminded me of something I used to get at The Body Shop when I was younger, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. It made nice bubbles and smelled very refreshing. It is a birchbox exclusive and can only be purchased there. I don't think that $16 is an unreasonable price. So if anyone feels like giving me a gift because I'm just awesome, this would be a good choice. ;)

Sometimes birchbox will send and extra little goodie. I got this:
Dang - Toasted Coconut Chips View here
They were pretty good. I was surprised. I'm not huge on coconut chips, but these were really nice. They tasted sweet and had a buttery taste to them.



All in all I liked everything I received. It's so much fun to get to try out new things. I've really been enjoying my ipsy and birchbox items because it's letting me try new things I may not have thought to try on my own.
I do not get paid or receive free products for these reviews. I pay the same $10 per month that everyone else in the USA does. However if people sign up through the link I post below I do accumulate points that I can use towards free products at a later time.

Sign Up for Birchbox




No comments:

Post a Comment