Monday, March 9, 2015

Charlie's Famous Potato Salad

As some of you may know I’ve been working like crazy and haven’t had a day off in who knows how long. So I haven’t really had any free time. However I don’t want to let you guys down either and not have a recipe to post. My wonderful husband agreed to cook one of his special dishes, so all I had to do was take the pictures and do the write up.
So, here goes: Potato Salad

You will need:
Potatoes
Eggs (6)
Celery
Pickles
Mayo
Salt and Pepper
Optionally: Paprika, Bell Peppers, Onions, Bacon, Cheese, etc


First things first, cook your potatoes. You want to have them firm enough to hold their shape and not disintegrate, but not so hard that they aren’t properly cooked. Once they’ve cooled you will want to chop them into cubes.


Hard boil your eggs.


Once they’ve cooled down enough to peel, do so.


Now that your eggs are cooled you want to chop them up as well. You can chop them up with a knife, use an egg cutter, or do what my husband does: He grabs my cooling rack and places it over a bowl.


Place the hard boiled egg on top of the rack.


Now gently press down while rolling the egg across the rack.


See how it’s being smushed into pieces?


Chop up your celery.


Chop up your pickles.


Now it’s time to start combining things. Get your bowl of cut up potatoes ready.

Toss in your celery.

Toss in your pickles.

Add your cut up eggs.

This is where you could add any of the optional additional ingredients, like bell pepper, bacon, etc.
Doesn’t this mix look like spring?

Now add a healthy glob of mayo. I’m not giving a specific amount as it’s best to do this to your individual taste. You can add more or less depending on how you like it.

Grind copious amounts of pepper onto the mix.

Add salt to taste.

Start mixing.

My husband then puts the whole salad into a clean bowl for nicer presentation. He also sprinkles paprika and pepper on top which gives it an almost fancy look. He was bemoaning the fact that we don’t have any fresh herbs in the garden so that he could have put a sprig on top of the salad for presentation.

I hope you enjoy your potato salad!

I never make it myself, because my husband is the master. Everyone always asks him for the recipe, and now we finally have it.










No comments:

Post a Comment