Sunday, November 9, 2014

Home Remedy for Colds

I've been using this home remedy for years and swear by it! I found it on this website. Everytime someone I know gets a cold or a cough, I recommend this fabulous potion to them.
Hopefully this can help you too. It's really spicy, so beware and consider having some milk as a chaser. It clears your sinuses right out!

This is what you need:
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar, the best is to get raw vinegar as it has more of those healing properties, but in a pinch any apple cider vinegar will do
1/4 t Cayenne Pepper here's the spice
1/4 t Powdered Ginger ginger is one o the best things for nausea
1 T Honey again raw honey is best, but any will do
2 T Water it just makes it not quite so concentrated

Since it can be hard to mix it very well, I microwave the whole thing to help it blend better. I make it in a jar for easier mixing, and then put it into a bottle. Always shake well before you use it.
Her website says to take about a tablespoon. My brother in law ended up putting it in shotglasses and taking it like a shot. It was pretty fun that way. Way more fun than feeling like you're taking medication.
Also the author reminds people, that this is meant for adults as it can be too spicy for kids, and infants under 1 year old aren't supposed to have honey every because of infant botulism.

No comments:

Post a Comment