Friday, November 28, 2014

Parmesan Artichoke Dip

This is one of my most popular party recipes. I make it all the time, especially when I have vegetarians over. Now while Parmesan is apparently not technically vegetarian, I don't think any of my friends who are vegetarians go so far. Regardless, it's delicious and you should definitely make it as an appetizer for your next party.
So here goes:

What you will need:
2 cans of artichoke hearts
1 - 2 cups of mayonnaise (I use about 1 to 1 1/2)
1 cup Parmesan (I use more like 2 because I love cheese)
1/2 t garlic powder (I don't use it because it makes me sick, but go for it if you like garlic)
Dash of season salt
A few jalapenos (optional)
(A baking dish, I use a corning-ware souffle dish)

Go ahead and drain your artichokes.





Chop your artichokes roughly.




Now drain your jalapenos. I usually get the smallest can they have, but still don't use all of it. It depends on what you like. They can be omitted too, if desired.




I'm not sure why the cans always have some carrot pieces in it, but I decided why not add a piece. Now chop that all up too.




Ok, put your artichoke and jalapeno into your dish.
Add however much mayo you want. Usually I only add one cup, but this time I did one and a half and it was really nice too.
Add your Parmesan. The recipe calls for 1 cup. Usually I use the entire 1.5 cup sized bag of Parmesan, and keep some extra for the top.




Mix it all up. and then smooth over the top.
Also, notice, I clean up the edges with a piece of paper towel, so it bakes neatly. Otherwise you may have burnt, crispy pieces. I just also like the neater look too.

I sprinkled Parmesan all over the top of it, to form a type of crust. That is optional though.





Now bake it at 350 for 20 minutes. There you now have a delicious hot dip. Serve with pita chips, crackers of your choice, or even spread onto bread.
Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment