Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Makeup Purge

So, last weekend I decided I needed to clean my bathroom. Really clean it, not just wipe off the counters, etc, but also go through all the drawers and sort through everything. I discovered I have an excessive amount of makeup. Some of it is so old I brought it over from Germany when I moved to America 6.5 years ago. So some of it must have been pretty yucky. I also discovered that I got really tan (for me) over the summer. So a lot of the powders were too light.

Ok, so I spread it all out on my counters. I mean, look at all of this stuff!

 Crazy! And now from another angle:





All those mascaras in the bottom right corner... Oh, goodness! I think only one of those was still good. I also noticed I have duplicates, see those two cucumber peel off masks? All those makeup bags? I think that's like 7 powders. On the left is all my MaryKay stuff too.

So I did a bunch of purging. Got rid of the stuff I didn't think was really still good. I also made myself a couple specific bags:
A bag to keep in my purse for work with a few necessities, lip gloss, powder, lipstick, eye shadow.
A grab bag for trips, a bit of everything I might need to do makeup on an overnight trip.
A tiny Clinique bag with powder, blush, and lipstick.
And a bag with my every day items to do makeup.

Here's what my counter looks like after organizing.
I am still using my Tom's box to keep a lot of my makeup in it. I need to find a better way to organize my makeup though, obviously! Who else keeps their makeup in a shoebox?
Not pictured is that on the side I kept my ipsy bags separate. I don't know why, but I like to keep my ipsy products in their individual bag. Maybe that's just an odd tick I have.


Anyone have any good organizing tips for makeup? I'd love to hear from you all in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment