Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November ipsy Bag

This month's glam bag was interesting. The items I thought I'd love didn't measure up, and those that didn't look as promising surprised me! At the same time I tested all my ipsy products, I also tested some Lancome products I was given by a friend who works at the Lancome counter at Macy's. I will be doing a write up on those separately though. I'll add a link to it in here when I'm done. :)

All of the products together.
 I love, love, love, the hot pink metallic bubble wrap bag!


So, here is my sparkly bag for the Girl Meets Glam edition.
So much sparkle!

Here was one of the first items I tested.

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics - Eye Base (Color: Submissive)
Full sized
This is a creamy eye shadow base that can be layered for color. It is a nice gold color. I was excited for it and thought I would love it. I actually have quite a few gold cream eye shadows and use them often. I'll admit, I also liked the brand name and thought it was cute and fun.
Here you can see it applied:
I applied one layer on the whole lid, and about three on the bottom lid. I like the color, I like how it looks, buuut. Yes, there's a but. I tried it again the next day and even used eye shadow primer and it still creased. It didn't last long. It was a bummer for me to see it all disappear in the eye lid creases and not keep the color on the rest of the lid.
I may use it on the future as a base when I apply other shadows above it, but other than that it was a bust. I was pretty disappointed.


Next Item
J. Cat Beauty - Wonder Lip Paint (Color: Red Potion)
Full sized
I was hoping I'd get the lighter shade Mad Splatter, but I got the darker Red Potion. I was not expecting to like this at all. I thought it would be waaay too dark, but, surprise, it was actually really nice. Beware, I didn't know what I was doing the first time around, and put it on with my finger. That was crazy messy and went everywhere! So you should definitely use a lip brush like I did now in these pics. I do need to get a better one. I definitely will continue using this!
It's darker here, and was a bit strong for me, so I blotted it some.
I like the color both ways. It stays on for quite a while. Once you blot it, it's very matte. I wore it the next day too, and then put some gloss on it which looked really nice. Keep some makeup remover handy with q-tips in case some goes awry.



Number 3
Starlooks - Gem Eye Pencil (Color: Ultra Orchid) 
Full sized
I was hoping I'd get this color, and not the Ultra Olive. I like purple, and purple and plum colors go really well with green eyes.
It went on really smooth. I was really happy at first, but then I saw the eye pencil was also really crumbly. I had crumbs of the color all over my cheeks and face. Because it's nice and creamy, it was hard to just brush it off without leaving streaks all over my face. That was kind of sad. But I like it enough to use it despite that. Possibly this was a one time thing, but I'll be careful to try and avoid it when I use it.
You can see it applied to my lower eye. I really like the color. I applied it to my eye lid over the bombshell eye shadow base. It doesn't show up terribly well in the picture, but it does add a hint of color.
And now you can see the effect on my eyes when they are open. I wish I had been able to take better pictures, but it's kind of hard. Perhaps next month I'll conscript someone else to take the pictures. :)
Hmm, I think I need to pluck my eyebrows. (I used the Lancome mascara, as I said, I'll post about that later on.)

Almost done.
TEMPTU - S/B Highlighter
Tiny tester size
This was different for me. I have a highlighter pen, and a highlighter powder. But it's still something I am learning about. This one is very liquid and shimmery.
I like the shimmer, but shimmer can easily turn to shine, which makes you look like you have greasy skin. I used this twice, and didn't notice much of a difference. Judge for yourself. I applied it to the tops of my cheekbones and from my forehead down over my nose bone.






Last but not least...
Marc Anthony - Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine Hairspray
Travel sized
Apparently I forgot to take a picture, and since my sister is in town I lent her my camera and cell phone, so I can't take another one. I used a stock photo from the internet instead.
Now about the product: I'd like to preface this post by saying I very rarely use hair spray, so I might not be able to give you the most educated review. This is the first hairspray I've used that actually smells pleasant. I know that's super subjective, but it didn't stink. It made my hair feel a little crunchy, but not as much as others. It didn't give really good hold though. I tried to use it to set curls and they didn't hold well. This is unusual. My hair usually takes curls really well without having to use hair spray at all.
So all in all I'm undecided on this since it smelled nice and made my hair feel ok, but didn't hold the hold really well. Give it a try. I'd love to hear what others think about it.
And here the other side. It looks slightly frizzy, but my hair may have not been all the way dry.






So, using all of the products this was my look at the end of the day. I am pretty happy with the products I got. Considering I paid then bucks for all of it, I can't complain!












I am not getting paid anything by ipsy for posting about the items I receive. To be frank though, if you do sign up through my link I do get awarded points, that I can use towards getting free items. Just wanted to make sure I was upfront with you. I'm really happy with the service and can definitely recommend it!






 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment