Monday, November 24, 2014

Lancome Testers

A few weeks ago my friend Nessa who works the Lancome counter at Macy's gave me some sample sized items to test. It was awesome! I absolutely love freebies and getting to try something new.
So, lets get right to it, ok?

First I put on some of the Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Concentrate I was given.
It looks pretty much clear.
It felt nice going onto my skin. It goes onto your bare skin right after you've washed your face and before you put anything else on it.
I didn't notice much of a difference. I think it would take longer than the sample size to really notice a difference. Here is what my face looks like after just putting this product on.





I also received La Base Pro Pore Eraser Instant Pore Erasing and Mattifying Primer
I definitely liked how it felt. After it went on, it felt kind of powdery. What I liked was that the smell wasn't bad, and it didn't feel greasy. My biggest problem with primers so far is, that they often feel so greasy. I have the Mary Kay primer with sunscreen in it, and barely use it because the smell bothers me so much. You probably can't tell much of a difference on the picture, but I'll post it anyway.
Well, maybe you can see what you can't see. No shininess or greasiness.

Now comes the foundation. Teint Idole Ultra 24H Wear & Comfort Retouch-Free Devine Perfection SPF 15.
My little sample size bottle.
This is how I put the foundation on.
And here is what it looks like once it's been distributed onto my face. Haha
I like the foundation. However it wasn't quite as long lasting as I would have liked it to be. I think I may need more coverage as well. If I was given this I would definitely use it all up, but I would probably not buy it with that price tag.Yes, I'm probably a bit cheap.

I also was given a sample sized mascara, Hypnôse Drama Instant Volume Mascara With No Clump.
I have to say, the mascara is pretty glorious! I really like it! It also does deliver on the promise of more volume. Here you can see it combined with other eye makeup.
I do really enjoy using this mascara. I may have to buy myself a full sized one.



I tested these products at the same time as I tested my ipsy November grab bag and wrote about that here. And this is what my complete look with all of those products and these Lancome products looks like:





While I was there and got all of these goodies, I got to test an awesome red lipstick. L'Absolu Rouge - 160 Rouge Amour
I "absolu" love this color! This is definitely something I want to get. But since the pricetag is a bit higher than I'd usually pay for a lipstick I'll have to save up a little bit. Gotta make sure I take care of the necessities before splurging on little luxuries like this.
I almost always wear pink lipstick, so I'm trying to try some new things. The lipstick goes on really smoothly and doesn't dry out your lips.
I'd definitely recommend it.



As I've stated before, I don't get paid for these reviews, nor did I get more free items, than anyone else would. All of these test samples are routinely given out to the public at Lancome counters.



No comments:

Post a Comment