Monday, October 20, 2014

My October Ipsy Goodies

I recently signed up for this service called ipsy. It's a service that will send you an assortment of full sized and sample beauty products every month for just 10 dollars including shipping. You fill out a profile and based on your answers there they will send you personalized items. All of the items come in an adorable little make up bag. Each month has a different bag and different items. You can then review your items and they will over time get items closer to what you would like. I do enjoy trying out the new things!
I do feel like it's a really good value too. This month for example I got a full sized mascara. I've paid 10 dollars or more in the past for a mascara. The bags are always super cute too!
Ok, I just want to let you know, I am not getting paid anything by ipsy for posting about them. To be frank though, if you do sign up through my link I do get awarded points, that I can use towards getting free items. Just wanted to make sure I was upfront with you.

So here is my review of the items I received this month:

I love this adorable little makeup bag I received!
 I love this super cute bag! The color matches a lot of my furniture and even the outside of my house. I love the cheerful color. The quality of the bag is also pretty good too! I love getting a new little bag each month. I might re-purpose them for things like little gift bags. Wouldn't that be a cute use for it once I've accumulated too many to keep. My husband already calls me a hoarder; I can't prove him right, can I now! But this little bag I'm certainly going to keep!


Ayres Patagonia Body Butter
The body butter was pretty regular for a body butter. My husband used it to give me a back rub, and he hated the smell of it. So while it felt nice on my skin, I wouldn't use a product that my husband hates the smell of. The ingredients say they used jasmine and rosemary essential oils. I love things that use essential oils, as a lot of the beauty products I make myself use essential oils. I love the natural items. But this body butter smells nothing like either scent. It's not bad. I'd just give it a smell before buying it, to see if you like it. :)


H2O+ Face Oasis™ Hydrating Treatment
I liked this face cream. It did really feel very hydrating. It has a minty citrusy scent to it. It does leave you feeling kind of refreshed. I'd try it again. I'd never heard of it before, so I'm enjoying trying out new things. This is also something I would recommend giving a smell before buying to see if you like it. The smell is semi-strong, so if you're sensitive to that sort of thing...

Revlon Bold Lacquer™ Length & Volume Mascara
I like the mascara per se, but I wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't really lengthen your lashes or add much volume. It was really great at not clumping though! I did like it. I will keep using it, I just won't replace it when I've used it up.


Skyn Iceland Mini Glacial Cleansing Cloths
I liked these! They left my face feeling nice and tingly clean! That's my favorite! They are very refreshing! But with a 15 dollar price tag I wouldn't buy them again. They did also really foam up and leave little foam bits on my face. I prefer either the BurtsBees ones, or the Ponds Exfoliating Renewal Makeup Removal Towelettes. Those two are both in the 5-7 dollar range, depending on where you shop.

Noyah Lipstick
I'm glad this little lipstick was only sample sized. The lipstick itself was ok. It didn't dry my lips out or anything, but it certainly is not my color! It's way to dark for someone as pale as me. Whoever can carry this color off, and wants it is totally welcome to it!
I mean look at this dark color! It looks absolutely crazy. I don't think I could ever carry this off. You might be able to see a little bit, that I am wearing the mascara too.  As you can see, not a ton of volume, but not bad for practically free. Eh.

Any way, I hope you enjoyed this, and maybe found some new tips.

If you think ipsy looks like fun and you wanna sign up, here's the link.
 
 
 





















No comments:

Post a Comment